My Vacation Lady has been helping honeymooners plan their dream honeymoons since 1994. Our mission is to match our client’s dreams and budget with the perfect honeymoon. According to Wedding Wire, where My Vacation Lady has earned the Bride’s Choice Award for 3 consecutive years, we must be doing something right.
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your honeymoon:
1. Plan early. We understand that you have a lot of things going on when you are planning a wedding and sometimes, another major expense, like the honeymoon, gets pushed back until after you’ve booked everything else for the wedding. In the last couple of years, prices have been steadily increasing so you’ll be able to get the best rooms and rates at most resorts by booking early. This is also true with flights. The airlines have cut down on the size of the planes and the number of flights to many destinations so you don’t want to get stuck on a flight with connections because all of the non stops are already sold out.
2. The destination can be a deal breaker. If your dream honeymoon destination is to Tahiti or Hawaii or Europe and the airfare is more than 1/2 of your budget, those might not be realistic for you at this time. It’s pretty easy to check out air fare pricing on line in advance. If you see that airfare to Italy is $1500 each and your budget is $5000 total, perhaps you should consider alternate destinations and save Italy for your 1st year anniversary. Destinations in the Caribbean and Mexico can, many times be, the best value since many are all inclusive and the cost of airfare is likely less than flying to Europe. If you are 100% set that it must be Europe, consider another country where you might get more value. Ireland, Spain and Portugal and some of the Eastern European countries may offer more value than Italy or France or Greece.
3. Consider an all inclusive resort. If you consider the cost of food and drinks, an all inclusive resort can be a great value. You pay one up front price, which may seem a bit more than you wanted to spend initially, but you are not going to come out with a huge bill at the end of your honeymoon. You can put your wallet in the room safe and not worry about paying every time you want a drink or meal.
4. Consider a cruise. Cruising is a great way of getting a feel of many different destinations without the hassle of packing and unpacking. You can also consider the cruise to be your floating resort. Meals, entertainment and more are included in your cruise fare and now with many cruise lines offering beverage packages, it has become more inclusive than ever. If Europe is your dream, consider a cruise instead of a land based honeymoon. We can arrange for a hotel stay in the city that your cruise starts and the one where it ends but you’ll save money since the cruise costs are typically less than hotel rates + meals.
5. Consider not taking your honeymoon right after the wedding. Most of our couples will say that they want to leave for their honeymoon within a couple of days of their wedding but there are some who, for different reasons, will not go for a few months. Consider this option for a couple of reasons:
- you will have access to the wedding gifts to help pay for your honeymoon
- you might be able to save a bit more money after the wedding bills are paid off
- if you are getting married during peak or high season, prices may be lower if you wait a bit
We are currently working with honeymooners getting married in December who want to travel over Christmas week. Not only are prices insane, many hotels require a 7 night minimum hotel stay or are completely sold out from Dec 21-Jan 3. While their budget is a great budget for Costa Rica, we are really having trouble meeting the honeymooner’s dreams during that time of year. If they could go later in January or February, we would be able to find the availability and pricing to be much more reasonable. If they go in May or June, they would be able to visit 3 parts of Costa Rica, do tons of excursions and still be within their budget.
6. Work with a honeymoon specialist. Your honeymoon is the most important vacation of your new lives together. You only get 1 chance at your honeymoon, so please do it right. My Vacation Lady will take the time to get to know you and match the honeymoon experience you want to your dreams and budget. While we may not be able to get you to Tahiti for 2 weeks in over water bungalows for $5000 with air from NY, we’ll do our best to find you a destination and resort that will make you happy.
See how My Vacation Lady’s personal approach to honeymoon planning can help your honeymoon dreams become reality! We can be reached at 732-418-0819 or by emailing email@example.com. Our website is www.myvacationlady.com